In the event your fridge features a water and ice dispenser function, and on occasion even simply an installed ice manufacturer, a water supply valve is needed to get a grip on water getting into the applying. The supply valve is normally positioned during the bottom backside of this ice box behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply typically travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve is an electrically-control component with inlet and socket water ports plus one or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled with a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water through an optional water filter towards the dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray mail-order-bride.org/ fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can establish within the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer unable to create ice and limited, or no, water taken from the dispenser if the lever is pressed. Since water supply valves is not effortlessly washed or fixed, a valve that is malfunctioning be changed having a brand new one.
How to replace a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut from the water supply towards the ice box.
- Pull the fridge out of the wall surface.
- Unthread the screws to eliminate the low back access panel. Bear in mind, you may want to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot before you completely get rid of the panel.
- Detach the water that is incoming through the water supply valve inlet slot when you yourself havenвЂ™t done this already.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting bracket or plate from the refrigerator framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- If applicable, slide out any locking videos then depress the keeping rings to detach the socket hose or hoses through the valve ports. Be ready for some water to spill.
- If required, take away the old water supply valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the water that is new valve by aligning it in the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Completely place the hose or hoses in to the socket ports and, if required, fall in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter to your solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket in the ice box thread and frame the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it using the screws.
- Attach the water that is incoming to your valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you might harm the tubing.
- Go the fridge straight back up against the wall surface.
- Turn water supply straight back on.
- Plug the refrigeratorвЂ™s cord back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to ensure the brand new supply valve is working precisely and there aren’t any leakages.
Discover the right water supply valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves will be different according to the ice box model, it is crucial to determine the valve that is exact fits your ice box. To work on this, enter the complete model wide range of the applying when you look at the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter regarding the remaining region of the web web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the name that is top fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll want to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.