Skip to content
How are you challenging yourself today?
Pick a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual challenge from the ideas below and go for it!
Pick at least one activity http://jobitel.com/ from the list on the right. You can do the same challenge(s) every day or mix them up – it’s your choice. The only thing that matters is that you give 100% effort!
- Walk down a street you have never walked down before
- Do a 15-minute dumbbell workout
- Try a 15-minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout
- Do three sets of squats, 10-20 repetitions per set
- Do 15-20 pushups (bent or straight arm)
- Research local fitness classes
- Buy a day pass for a gym or rec center and try it out firsthand
- Take a walk or exercise with a friend
- Do 30 minutes of yoga and/or stretching
- Put together a workout playlist
- Find a new workout video on YouTube
- Beat your personal best time for walking or running 1 mile
- Sign up for a Couch-to-5K program
- Find a local 5K walk/run and sign up (it’s even better if you sign up with someone)
- Hike up to the Pagoda (take photos when you get there and be sure to tag #beboldtakecharge!)
- Set a new personal record for number of steps taken in one day
- Play outside with your kids (they might even let you win once or twice!)
- No dog? Offer to walk the neighbor’s!
- Ask a young person to show you how to throw a baseball, kick a soccer ball, or teach you some dance moves
Pick at least one activity from the list on the right. Try to stay on track with the challenge for a week. Try a different challenge each week, or stick with the same one – it’s your choice!
- Walk at least 5 days out of 7
- Walk at least three miles in total
- Do body weight exercises (pushups, squats, lunges etc) 4 days out of 7
- Complete at least 2 HIIT workouts (Note: Take at least one day off between HIIT workouts)
- Exercise with a partner at least twice
- Set a new weekly record for number of steps taken
- Try two ways to http://xjobs.org/ exercise that you’ve never tried before
- Do more pushups/squats/other bodyweight repetitions than you did last week
Pick at least one activity from the list on the right. Try to stay on track with the challenge for 30 days. If you see great changes, try going for another 30 days.
- Walk 25 days out of 30
- Do body weight training (pushups, squats, lunges etc) 25 days out of 30
- Walk at least 20 miles
- Complete at least 8 HIIT workouts (Note: Take at least one day off between HIIT workouts)
- Exercise with a partner at least five times
- Complete any 30 day challenge of your choice online
- Take at least two hikes on trails – don’t forget your bug spray!
What do you hope to accomplish this year? Pick at least one activity from the list on the right. Keep track of your progress and have fun reaching your goals!
- Lose weight around your midsection
- Gain upper body strength
- Be able to do 25 straight-arm pushups
- Be able to hold a plank for at least 60 seconds (beginner) or two minutes (experienced)
- Increase your stamina
- Be able to walk/run a 5K
- Cut 5 minutes off your 5K or 10K best time (for more experienced runners)
- Walk or hike a total of 500+ miles
- Complete at least three 30-day challenges online
- Take at least six hikes (preferably in new places you have never seen before)
- Start and/or complete a physical fitness challenge with your coworkers