Take Charge of Your Career
For too long, Reading has been seen as a bleak place to get hired, but the reality is a different story. As of March 2019, Reading’s unemployment rate was https://jobitel.com right in line with the national average – 3.8%. This is great news for local job seekers!
Be Bold Take Charge would like to see your dream job a reality, no matter where you are on your career path now. Whether you’re still in school, recently graduated, disabled, short- or long-term unemployed, or looking to change jobs, we can offer helpful resources to get you started. As with our highly successful Ready for Work Clothing Drive (now in its fourth year!), we hope to kickstart several new employment readiness projects. See below for more information!
How we plan to help:
- Create a printed booklet and online listing of employment readiness tips
- Provide seminars for Latino-owned businesses
- Continue to host the annual Ready for Work clothing drive
- Work with local industries to determine their most desired employee skills and use this information to pair them up with job seekers
- Set up a resume coaching service
- Open a downtown shared workspace
Employment statistics info: https://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.pa_reading_msa.htm
New to the workforce? Thinking about changing careers? In need of up-to-date job listings and other resources but don’t know where to start looking? CareerLink Berks County is the ultimate employment one-stop shop for Reading residents. They offer free and low-cost workforce development programs, hold financial https://xjobs.org education events, and host job fairs. They even help former inmates and people with disabilities find steady, rewarding jobs.
Be bold, take charge…go to http://www.careerlinkberks.com/ TODAY! Great opportunities are waiting for you!